Welcome to the Durham Music Teachers Association
Our organization of music educators is dedicated to the following purposes:
- to meet specific needs of teachers
- to raise teaching standards
- to stimulate interest in good music
- to aid student achievement
- to provide educational and inspirational programs
- to set up a strong code of ethics
- to dignify our profession in the community
DMTA programs include student and teacher recitals, teacher referrals, presentations and workshops to enrich and educate members, a Spring performance festival, and a need-based student scholarship program.
We welcome teachers of any instrument. Our members reside in Durham, Wake, and Orange Counties.
DMTA is affiliated with the North Carolina Music Teachers Association and the Music Teachers National Association. We are a non-profit organization with 501(c)(3) status.
You can email Durham Music Teachers Association at email@example.com